Dining at the beach can be extraordinary with fresh fare delivered from the sea and small-town staples. Wrightsville Beach offers numerous dining options – from fresh-to-table, dives and Southern favorites – that will exceed expectations.
- Treat the family to a feast at the Blockade Runner Beach Resort’s EAST Oceanfront after a pre-dinner eco-paddle tour or SUP rental from Soundside Adventures. On Fridays, the restaurant offers a Weekly Lobster Night, and the little ones can select bites such as grilled cheese or peanut butter and jelly.
- Parents can indulge in fresh-off-the-boat catches while the kids order cheese quesadillas and pasta from a menu designed just for them at South Beach Grill. The restaurant also offers families outdoor dining with a dock-side view.
- Shark Bar and Kitchen's fresh-to-table menu contains a variety of options including the fresh catch of the day, while the little ones can treat themselves to creamy mac n’ cheese or a burger. If you’re a family that enjoys both breakfast and lunch (and who doesn’t?), try the weekend brunch, then enjoy the views and cast your line from Johnnie Mercers Fishing Pier, a perfect weekend family adventure.
- Make a pit stop at The Trolly Stop for fresh, savory hotdogs where five different types of hot dogs plus thirteen fresh toppings mean over 1,000 different combinations possible. Kids will eat up an “Old Baldy,” while parents might be craving the “Battleship” or “North Carolina.” Plus, creative parents and kids alike can opt to build their own. The iconic institution’s historic story will charm the whole family.
- On Sundays, experience waterfront views and live music at Bluewater Waterfront Grill. The entire family will relish the opportunity to relax, eat and dance the night away with a great sunset view of the Intracoastal Waterway. Little ones will savor the kid-friendly popcorn shrimp and grilled cheese, or everyone can enjoy the Bananas Foster French Toast at Sunday brunch.
- The Oceanic recently reopened its doors to invite guests to soak up a picture-worthy view of the Atlantic Ocean while dining. One of the only oceanfront restaurants at Wrightsville Beach, Oceanic prides itself on serving up locally-sourced seafood like tuna, shrimp, little neck clams and oysters, along with a kids menu. After dinner, walk outdoors to soak up the ocean air and live music on Friday and Sundays throughout the summer along the 475-foot-long Crystal Pier.